You crack me up. But you've made a mistake - an oxymoron, if you will, like 'jumbo shrimp'. 'All-American Adonis' doesn't fit, unless it's a 'Greek-American Adonis'. Sorry, that's the way it is, check your Ancient History texts. And yes, I'll take one of those please. LOL.
BF is such a sweetie for taking charge of your dinner-date night while you were slaving away at the gym. But good for you...I've been slack. Didn't get out on a run last night (explanation below) and this morning instead of just getting up or hitting snooze once when the alarm rang, I turned it off and woke up 1.5 hours later. Yes, I was late for work. Yes, I skipped the mandatory coffee. Yes, I'm in a cruddy mood.
I agree with you on the travel - budgeting means more money for more fun, hence why it's been my travel mode thus far. The magazine features Europe this month, including lots of cool places I haven't been to. I know, I have to get serious about our travel meet-up - any of those options is feasible, just have to find a time that works...did I tell you I may be away for up to 6 weeks for the work thing? Still waiting on the travel agent (yes an agent! They are not extinct, thank God, because setting this up on the internet was becoming a nightmare) to come up with something semi-reasonable, as on first glance he quoted a $6500 bill. EEK! He's working on something cheaper, moving a few dates around and I may have to do overnight stops in Dubai (exciting, but I doubt I'd see much more than the airport). We shall see.
So, last night. I was wearing my favourite yellow top from Anthropologie, jean skirt and my funky sandals with the ties. It ended up just being Clarissa and me going to this after work bar, then a friend of hers joined us. The bar was packed when we got there, we had to put our names on a waiting list for a table on the patio. We grabbed a drink at the bar, then they called us for our table. Except it wasn't on the patio, but by the kitchen. Yuck. We were annoyed that we had just given up our prime bar stool seating for a crappy table. But then a massive torrential downpour began, and the patio people squished inside, creating a moshpit of of good-looking lawyers and financial analysts. The guy:girl ratio was like 5:1. But, alas, I failed your assignment. Other than a few shared glances with a tall, dark, Mediterranean type (you know me well), the evening was spent advising Clarissa on her dating dillemma with this (IMO brainless) guy from work.
The rain let up, we went home as the bar started to wind down, and I seriously considered getting out there to run...but who was I kidding. The streets were filled with puddles, and the alcohol had made me tired. Tonight, I promise. But then again...I have another drinks night planned. A friend who lives in a building one block north of mine told me about a neighbourhood social in the pub under my building tonight. So I have to go. I'll take it easy on the drinks and make sure I get out on a run.
Yes! Get in some trouble this weekend! Not that I'm one to talk ;-) Not sure what's going on this weekend yet, but at least I've got my weeknights planned (Sidenote: is it weird that most of my plans centre around the work week?).
How's the new job going? Are you still having Dilbert days? Any weirdos at work we can give funny nicknames to, like we did at our after-school job when we were teenagers? OMG...we are so old..."when we were teenagers" sounds like eons ago...
Smarts
No comments:
Post a Comment