Well you had a
Anytwattle, 7%? Really? That’s a steep increase. Hopefully your building committee/management will make that extra money go far. And while I have some sympathy for you and Lady-Russia, this is why I live in the ‘burbs (aka: quasi-ghetto). So have you written your complaint letter? You should offer to transcribe her letter for her. You can totally do that via Skype. Does she Skype? I know, I’m evil. Sorry. : ) In all seriousness though, I don’t think you would be overstepping your bounds as residents to request that the board provide a spending history and next year’s budget so you can see exactly what the increase is going towards, and why you may have exceeded the budget for this year (which seems likely with the 7% increase). It could just be poor management… it may be a board member skimming off the top. You have a right to know if/why they aren’t managing the money well, and if there’s anything you can do as residents to change that…. Like maybe elect a new accountant/treasurer/controller.
YAY!! I received the book and look forward to reading it. The title made me chuckle… it reminded me of a certain movie you may have heard of… and that could very well be your desired response. I don’t want to suggest changes for any aspect you love because I’m worried you’d take it as an insult. I haven’t ever been published for so much as a fortune cookie, so I can’t (and won’t) suggest any changes for anything you claim as “untouchable”… like maybe the title… you just let me know and I’ll keep my comments limited to welcomed constructive suggestions for grammar, spelling, and maybe some slight character development, etc as we talked about before… Is there any part/chapter/character you’re looking for specific feedback on?
As for my weekend… I’m STILL without hot water. Oh the joys of homeownership. ::sigh:: I’ve talked to my service rep several times today, he’s trying to get a response from the manufacturer about where my replacement part is… since it has yet to arrive at my place. If the manufacturer flakes on the warranty parts agreement, I’ll be looking at $650 out of pocket just for the part, plus labor hours.. and that doesn’t even guarantee to fix the actual problem. This crap is such a scheme, I swear. I don’t think I should have to pay for parts until the “repair” guy can figure out the actual problem. I don’t care if they have to drain the 50 gallon tank and drop a
BF and I were lazy this weekend… when it came to workouts at least. We were fairly productive on the random errand list. He trained once, I hit the gym once… but we both went for a walk before dinner last night. It was still pretty muggy, but we waited until the sun was starting to set. We did a “purposeful” walk and really put some umph into it. And BF was so cute saying that we should run a couple times a week, and walk once a week… so we have a good “talk” date on the regular. ::mushy smile:: Love him!
Also, there was a slight extending of the olive branch over the weekend. I met up with BF’s roomie Steve for football. BF had to work Sunday afternoon, so he couldn’t make it… but it was good, it gave Steve and I a chance to catch up. Of course we compared notes on the games, players, and various familiar faces around the bar… and Steve talked about himself. A lot. Per usual. I just nodded and whatnot. To his credit, he did ask how BF and I are doing, but it felt like he did it just because he felt he should… not because he actually gives a crap. And he was not surprised at all when I mentioned the upcoming possible BF-move in situation several months from now. He knew of course, but he’s still being really pouty about it. I think he’s still really resentful about the changes that happened in his life due to BF meeting me. I still think it’s really immature and petty… not to mention delusional… things change, roommates aren’t roommates forever. I don’t think I’ll ever understand his point-of-view here. I mean it’s not like BF is ditching him without notice, it’s not like we’re moving away, and it’s not like I gave him any reason to be rude to me before… other than existing, of course. Whatever, either way… when he got pouty and said he saw the future move-in coming a mile away… and then said nothing else for a good 30 seconds, I decided to change the subject. He couldn’t even bring himself to say something normal like “I’m happy for you guys” so whatever… I think he’ll always be a whiney baby about the whole thing. Good news is, I kicked butt on my picks for this week’s games, currently tied in second place… downside is the two peeps tied for first place made different picks for the last two games, so one of them will win the pot for this week. That’s ok, because I’m just getting warmed up. Next week it’s mine! LOL
Ok, I have a million things to do tonight before I travel tomorrow. I think you’re in the air now, so hopefully you’re resting up and brought some Airborne and a blanky. :P We’ll catch up soon… and compare notes on our simultaneous travel adventures.
Sassy (and chilly...brrr)
No comments:
Post a Comment