About Stuff

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Freaking Love Typos!!!!! (Wait, type-oh... or typo?)

Well Good Morning Smartasaurus!


I think my Pepsi is starting to kick in. Damn… I was going to ramble on and tell you funny stuff, but I just received a work email I need to address that involves proofreading a 115 page document. ::pause::

Whew… ok, so it’s about 2 hours later. Fun morning so far. I mean other people may not find proofreading a technical manual to verify page numbers and a correct table of contents to be enjoyable. But oddly, I do. I like the little thrill I get when I can find someone else’s mistake. I win! Ok, I’m not one to brag, but I “won” a whole bunch on this one this morning. There were like 6 tables in the document that weren’t even in the table of contents and found some spelling mistakes the ‘puter didn’t catch because it was in all caps. Oh, and the list of effective pages needed about 10 corrections… OMG, I mean I’m all excited just typing about it. My office-mate told me that my new nickname is “Bloodhound” because I seem to just have a sense for finding these things… and of course he’s really happy because it was his project to update the document and get it ready for submittal. I rock! Ok, I’m done tooting my own horn now. LOL

On the work2 thing, I really do need to get more motivated and efficient. I mean, I could be making bank with this business if I were actually working it. No one makes money just sitting on their butt thinking about it. Ha! So I’m planning to try to harass meet with my work2 mentor at least every 3 weeks for lunch, or drinks, or something. She has a knack for motivating me and I need that kick in the pants on a regular basis.

In a related topic, we didn’t jog yesterday. Are you surprised? LOL No seriously though, we were both ready… I had clean work-out clothes, we put a post-it note up on the cabinets in the kitchen so we saw it right away, but the fates were working against us. BF had to work. He was stuck in Florida yesterday for several hours longer than anticipated. By the time he got back, it was dark, he was hungry, and I was in my jammies. LOL So, another day… maybe. Tonight I’ll be at the gym and doing work2 stuff. Tomorrow he has his Sat morning wrestling session and I’ll hit the elliptical at the gym, then get my huuurrr did. I suppose we could try a jog Sat afternoon/evening or Sunday, but it will depend on the weather since it’s supposed to rain all weekend. Then Monday will be my last day to pack and prepare… then a work2 thing if I can squeeze it in… and Tuesday morning I’ll be en route!! The regular jog nights might have to wait until my return. Don’t pout. LOL

Your sniffles and erratic weather updates have reminded me that I need to add “check weather forecasts” to my Sunday/Monday “To Do” list… which could then affect my packing list. Solution: I will make a “variant” list for chilly weather just in case. ::pushes taped specs up higher on my nose:: Wait!! That sounds way too “nerdy” to be a personality trait of the Sassmeister. WTF? Now I’m going to have to go to the break room and wait around for someone to pop in for more coffee so I can be cool and sassy again. This may be a clever cause & effect excuse my subconscious created in order to obtain said coffee fix. But I’m too cool to ponder that thought right now. ::poppin’ my collar and dustin’ my shoulders off… yo!::

Ok, agreed. Lappy will be by my side. :D Hmmm… 7 hour difference you say. So I’ll have to boot up when I wake up. I’ll also have to remember to put clothes on and maybe wear a mask of some kind so you don’t see my horrendous “morning face”. OMG! Did I tell you? I don’t know how this crap happens to ladies in their ::ahem:: 30’s, but I have two giant pimples on my face, one on either side of my jaw line, and for a day or two I seriously thought I was Jeff Goldblume and had somehow been involved with some weird science experiment… because I thought the pimples were going to open up and reveal giant pincers growing out of my face. They’re seriously too symmetrical and massive to be random pimples. Gross! LOL Plus side, BF and I had a couple good chuckles about them, and he keeps telling me I’m still super beautiful, even with possible mutant pincers. LMAO!!

Bah!!! Halls are gross!! I much prefer Riccola. And not just because of the funny strange commercial with the dude in lederhosen blowing the giant horn (TWSS?). Seriously, they have this chamomile and lemon flavor. I think it comes in sugar-free too. And I think there’s a lemon and honey too. And they have Echinacea in them too. YAY!! Much better than Halls, hands down! And dude… put Echinacea in your tea too.

Wanna hear something odd and random? Of course you do… ok, so BF and I are watching Dexter last night (thank you Wii Netflix!!) and he cracks open a beer… and suddenly I’m craving pizza and/or breadsticks w/ marinara. BF thinks it’s due to the smell of the beer caused by memories or the similar “yeasty” smell of beer. It was so weird… so instant and sure. And hilarious… because as soon as I acknowledged the weirdness of the sudden craving, the next immediate thought in my head was “good lord don’t let me be pregnant!!” LMAO!! Good thing “normal” people have cravings too, I’m not a fan of irrational paranoia. Thank you birth control and prophylactics! LOL!!

Ok, gotta get back to work now. I hope something ridiculously funny and awesome happened to you today because my semi-psychic self is sensing that you are just itching to ramble and give me a LOLROTF moment. Oh, and send me at least a couple chapters of your book, slack-ass. I’ll have some time to read on my trip next week. :D

The Sassy Dork... meister!

No comments:

Post a Comment