Smarts! I’ve missed you too!
The rest of my trip wasn’t really all that exciting and I’m a bit of a Whiny McWhinerson about it, so I’ll spare you the bitchfest. The good news is that the wedding was beautiful, I had a chance to catch up with the bride a bit, I feel like the familial obligation has been achieved, and I didn’t have to work for a week.
Ironic theme of the trip: girl that doesn’t like red meat is fed (or at least they attempted to) hamburgers, and two counts of roast beef (at the wedding and at aunt’s place). So I ate plenty of bread and veggies.
The road trip back to the city wasn’t all that bad, thankfully I remembered the nap-inducing silence on the way up (did I mention no radio for hours except a slight couple of kilometers with 1 country and 1 Christian station?) and managed to purchase a couple of CDs at the gas station before I got on the road. Those CDs saved me! This experience is also fueling my motivation to begin my music download project and put music on the empty iPod I’ve had for… oh, almost 2 years. Doh! How can I be so hip, sassy, cool, rufus (random movie moment), etc… and still be so out of touch on something as simple as music downloads. Think my 12 year old neighbor kid could help me? BF isn’t into music downloads and whatnot either… I don’t think he owns an iPod. Thoughts on satellite radio? It may be a must on my next car purchase. Sorry, I’m on a tangent…
I only have 6 hours of paid vacation and only 4 hours of sick leave left for the remainder of 2010, but I have no issue taking leave-without-pay if need be for Christmas. BF and I were talking about the holidays and his family always gets together, so I have a feeling I’ll either be in NYC or somewhere tropical for Merry HoHo! YAY! Of course, my vote is for tropical, but NYC wouldn’t be bad for just a few days either. I don’t mind being cold at Christmas, it’s sort of ingrained as being “normal” I suppose. Mother will be disappointed of course… but with brother not here, and the rest of the family up north she might travel to the land of snow herself. I can’t be the only “kid” in the house at Christmas anymore. I’m in my 30’s for Pete’s sake. LOL Hmmm… wonder if BF’s parents and my parents will get along? Might be kind of fun to combine our tropical Christmas with both families one year in the future…
Your Nairobi clubbing exploits sound fantabulous!! This may be the only time I’d wish to be a super smart science chick… if only to be in your travelling shoes. :D Think we could find any fun dance classes locally that could teach us some new dance moves? OMG! I don’t think I told you… back in January when I was in the Caribbean with the gals, there was a dance club at the hotel and I ended up having a dance-off with one of the local guys. I just remembered that! Why is international dancing so much more fun than hometown dancing? It always feels that way… I think it has to do with the fact that you’ll most likely never see any of those people again. Might be different for you there with your coworkers though. LOL It’s fantastic that you and your team are bonding and becoming friends! But remember that you probably don’t know them well enough to let them to take video of you rockin’ out on the dance floor. It could end up on YouTube… for all the world to see. I mean, more power to you if you’re perfectly ok with that. I have a feeling I don’t dance as well as I think I do, since I tend to shake it when I’ve had a sip… or 12. :D Thank goodness for Skype, Facebook, and having a job with travel perks. Ha!
Question: Practicing your outta-control-booty-moves when no one is around? I bet you are… ; )
Fantastic! Love that the local paper is giving you such great flirting material to work with! Speaking of which, have you had any opportunities to work on your international flirting skillz? Any cuties on your team? Any flirt moments at the booty-shakin’ club? Practice makes perfect. And free drinks are never a bad thing… unless you get “over-served” and embarrass yourself horribly… or the drinks are doctored! You better be using your garnish to keep count, and watching the bartenders make your drinks, missy. Sorry… paranoia moment just came over me. I may be turning into my mother. Oh the humanity!! :P
So how is denial Da Nile treating you? That’s so awesome that you’re having such a great time and getting zero sleep. And I think you should definitely learn some awesome belly dancing moves! Did you? Did you? ::nudge:: I’m checking YouTube right now just in case… LOL
So… side note… I know I just started this job, and there’s nothing wrong with it per se, but would it be terrible if I started looking for another job already? It might just be hormones, or boredom, or quarter-life crisis resurgence, or whatever… but I find myself not really wanting this “career”. I suppose I could be good at it if I cared. Same with my side business too. Trouble is, I don’t care. I’d rather be anywhere else. In fact, most of the time I am somewhere else in my own head. This does not bode well. I think I may need to plan a psychic visitation day where I just hit all the local on-artists in one day to see if any of them have a shred of real ability, there are surprisingly many for this small-ish city. I need to be doing something else with my life, I just have no idea what that something is. I’m getting very anxious and impatient for the epiphany to hit me. :P And I refuse to just sit here and take it anymore…
Oh, and for this one little reason I’m glad you’re so far away… you can’t hit me or throw cut-eye my way when I tell you… I didn’t walk, run, or go to the gym once this weekend. I didn’t feel like it. LOL I know. I suck. But on the upside, BF and I hit the mall for a DQ Blizzard after we had wings on Friday night… ::I’m hoping you’re tired and none of that last sentence sunk in:: and we popped into GNC. I was looking for some vitamins for chicks that would hopefully boost my energy and motivation a little. Not an easy feat I’d like to point out. All the chick stuff is geared toward “weight loss” and whatnot… and I avoid those speed-like “metabolism” boosters because they make me a little loco in the emotional (re: crazy bitch) department. So far the vitamins I found (that were also on a promotional sale because they’re new… score!) are working great. Only side affect, neon green/yellow pee. It looks like I’m pouring Mountain Dew directly into the commode. I know, TMI… sorry. But the point is that I’m hoping to find a magic bean to help get me motivated. I’m not giving up. : )
What’s next for your travels? Any fun outings planned? Should we set up a Skype date?
I’m hungry again. I’m gonna go make second lunch… trainer always says I need to eat before our sessions, and I’m hungry. So don’t judge. LOLSassy McSnackerson
No comments:
Post a Comment