No worries, seems I left you hanging these past couple of days. Part of the reason is that I'm back to work here, the other part is that I'm having lots of fun :) Glad you enjoyed the lazy weekend and that this work week hasn't been too tiring for you. Then again, it's almost TGIF, so another weekend is around the corner!
OK. Definitely TMI. But if you didn't write those things, you wouldn't be you, LOL.
I have 4 days left before I head back home. I'm looking forward to coming home. People have already started emailing me thinking I'm back home, probably because a) it's been so long they assume I'm back yet, and b) I haven't posted any FB pics in a while. But I have some good ones! Maybe I'll post them when I have time between flights in Dubai (yes, will be going back to Dubai for the zillionth time).
I'm enjoying this last destination - pleasant weather, friendly people, tasty food, trendy city. Though I haven't gotten the hang of eating without proper utensils. I thought eating rice with chopsticks was tough to learn, but there is a certain amount of lifetime talent required to scoop curry and rice into your mouth without looking like an animal. Which I do, every time I try, unlike these classy ladies in their elegant sari's around me.
I have enjoyed my fare share of bollywood and tamil movies though - one of my favourite pastimes, as you know. Just love the romance in them, cheesiness and all. But real life seems so different; love matches are rare, arranged marriages abound. Not that that is a bad thing, per se; the romance happens after arranged marriages sometimes (note: some jewellers are marketing 'platinum love rings' to mark the day married couples fall in love...what a gimmick). This trip has been for work, but I really feel I got a good look into the social lives of people who live here...but that is for another blog, because I'm late for work!
TTYS
Smarts
No comments:
Post a Comment