About Stuff

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hunger - The One Time I Don't Procrastinate

Smartastic!
Ok, so I should have had this post up about an hour ago… but I received a Promo code from my favorite shoe place and decided to get myself another Christmas present (or 3) first. Oops. LOL!!  Also had to check on the status of the boots I had to send back for a slightly bigger size. They arrived at their destination… hopefully I’ll receive the new size this week. And all the Christmas presents (for other people) that ordered online last week should arrive today. So I’m back on track. I need to get my butt in gear today and tomorrow though for the things I need to ship up north. This is one of those times I’m slapping myself over my stellar procrastination skills. Still working on Dad’s gift… not sure if it’s going to get there in time for Christmas. I haveta, haveta, haveta finish it tonight! (after the gym) Whew!
How are you doing with your holiday shopping this year?

LMAO!! Thanks for the tip on my hair options. You’re so right about the short hair thing. I think I will keep it long. Now I just have to decide on whether or not to keep the bangs. I think they’ll stay through the holidays and then I’ll decide if I’m growing them out. And I may need to invest in some good volumizing/waving/curling mouse. Straightening takes me about 30 minutes, so maybe the thick waves will be the way to go.  LOL

The cheesy Christmas Sweater idea didn’t take off too well in this initial year. There were only 3-4 of us that showed up in “festive” garb. But the gift giving was fun. The gift(s) I got from my Secret Santa were based on my “stressful” job and all little items pertained to relaxation.  LOL  They included: 1 medium candle (aromatherapy), 2 meditation CDs, 2 packs of chocolate, a CareBears book titled “What Makes You Happy?”, a lovely little snowman snow globe, a fun Santa headband with dancing snowmen “antlers”, and a sweet homemade card.

I LOVE your building characters!  Well, I could do without Claire’s bailout, but the rest of it sounded fun. And good for you keeping the latest challenge in mind. Sad for Fernando, but I can’t blame you for being turned off by a less than attractive “grill” as we say. If he’s smart he’ll get himself to the dentist soon. It’s kinda sad that our culture is so focused on appearance, but that’s the reality. A nice smile is inviting. A not so nice smile hints at possible bad hygiene practices/drug use/illness… or just general lack of attention to these type of things. Not the best selling points to a real catch of a gal.  :D
I hope you’ve been actively looking for an alternate “winner” to this challenge.  ; )

I’m so thrilled about your idea to market yourself as a “brand” of sorts in your professional field. I think it’s a great idea, especially in this age of technology and information sharing. And the mock-up I saw looked like a great start. Love that you plan to list all the papers you’ve written and/or contributed to. And love the idea of a professional blog.  I’m really interested to see how this develops. In your field, it’s important to stay on top of the current science and maintain a network of international specialists. The young people willing to take chances are the ones that tend to stand above the rest and make things happen. Do your thing girl. I hope you get great responses from this venture. 

Sweet!! I hope a visit to the south is possible in the spring/summer because I’d love for you to visit. Note: I don’t think the Porter flights are year-round. They start the end of February… but I think they cut off in the summer at some point… something to do with the golfers. I don’t know. I could try to look into it, but the site doesn’t really list availability. I may have to do some Googlizing.

Ok, here are some updates on my weekend. The Christmas party was fantastic!! There was open bar, gifts for everyone, the food was amazing… chilled and coconut shrimp appetizers, 3 carving stations: roast beef, ham, and turkey, plus a ‘shrimp and grits’ chef at his own table, plenty of yummy veggies, salad bar, and dessert & coffee table.  Most of my coworkers love to dance, so there was always at least a handful of people on the dance floor. The 2 DJs were great and played fun tunes, and even got some of the guys up there for YMCA. I won a Wii game set… but since we already have one, I traded it for a Lowe’s gift card. Gotta upgrade the palace.  :D  Thinking of hardwood floors within the next two years. Or maybe just some lighting upgrades. We shall see.
We didn’t end up drinking too much, but BF tapered off at the end so I could have a couple more glasses of wine and he volunteered to drive home. So sweet. He was sticking to water for the last 2 hours.

Saturday I was a slug. I wasn’t hungover (no headache, not ill, etc). I was just really tired and didn’t feel like going to the gym or being productive. So I didn’t. Of course I felt bad about it later, but whatev! Oh I did have a Skpye date with my brother that I completely forgot about. Doh! Managed to get a hold of him about 4 hours later. I miss him!  Then BF and I decided to pick up wayyy too many hot wings and get wasteyface at home. YAY Booze! Ha!

Sunday I went for a walk/mini-run in the morning (guilt does this to me), we had breakfast, and continued to be slugs. I tried to go shopping twice… but both times I went to go, it started raining. Is the universe against me spending money? I finally got out about 1pm and went nuts at Target. Apparently I can't be stopped. And Target is the devil. LOL Good news is, I think I have BF covered, brother is done, and I got a bunch of other house stuff we needed.

Did I tell you about my latest cooking adventure? I’m not really known for cooking… like, at all. But mom gave me a bunch of fresh green tomatoes last week (they had to be picked early because of the coming frost) so I decided to look up some recipes and made Fried Green Tomatoes over the weekend. They turned out great! So yummy!  :D  We also bought some yams (sweet potatoes) last week and have been enjoying those lately too. It’s kinda fun to cook with BF. It’s a team effort. And I like when he loves what I made. I don’t think cooking was ever any fun before because it was a lot of work, just for me, and with no one to compliment it and give me praise.  LOL  

Of course, when the weekend was over I was kicking myself for yet again not organizing the office, or working out more, or eating better, or cleaning more. WTF is up with that. My brain won’t let me just relax and have a couple of lazy days here and there. I really do need to tackle that office at some point though. It needs some major organizing. Things to be filed, things to be put in a safety deposit box, things to be shredded, business stuff to catalog… oy vay. Is it any wonder I’m procrastinating? It’s sounds so boring and annoying just typing it out.  LOL Seriously though, we’re in a rut socially. I’m going to need to push BF to go out into the world and do things with me in the new year… and I need to make appointments/time with my friends too. Me not making plans and them not making plans equals BF and I turn into agoraphobic hermits.  Ha!

Plan for this week is to attempt to be productive at work, to finish Christmas shopping on my lunch breaks, to finish the stack of Christmas Cards on my desk, to wrap presents and send things up north, and to start my packing list for next week. Countdown ‘til vacation is on!  T minus 11 days!!  :D

I’m hungry. Time for leftover fried green tomatoes. Then shopping real soon.  :D
Sassified! 

2 comments:

  1. P.S.
    Smarts! Did you notice we have a 2nd follower? YAY! I stopped by KatieGummyBear's page to say welcome. :D

    ReplyDelete