So I'm sitting in my office feeling particularly productive today. Managed to send off a grant application, finish revisions on a conditionally accepted paper and write an abstract to submit to a conference taking place in Florida in May (yes, I'll be in your vicinity if this gets accepted!).
I'm listening to the radio and Shakira's "Loca" was just playing. I love that song, but I'm wondering what you think of the "I'm crazy, but you like it," lyric. Do guys really like crazy girls? Crazy girls yell - and as you mentioned in your last post, guys don't like to be yelled at. So the question is, just how much crazy is acceptable? Maybe only girls as hot as Shakira are allowed to be crazy, LOL...
Sounds like you had a nice family-filled Thanksgiving, just how it's supposed to be. I love the holidays :)
Thanks for the lesson on the Love Languages. I've never heard of them before. I think I'm a cross between Services and Quality Time...with a dash of Physical Touch. Now, before you label me some sort of "Love Prima Donna", you should note I could care less about Affirmations (actions do speak louder than words) or Gifts (too materialistic!).
I don't think you've become one of 'those girls', LOL. It's only natural that when you find a great guy, you want to spend most of your time with him. You haven't forgotten your friends - if they call to make plans, you make them, don't you? Maybe you need to make more of an effort to initiate plans once in a while, but I don't think you've got any problems. You're not ditching your friends for your BF, and I doubt you ever would.
I have yet to get on the treadmill. However, yesterday I did a 90 min Bikram Hot Yoga class and nearly died. The instructor was this serene blonde lady at the start of the class, then she turned crazy, yelling out poses like a drill sergeant (Tangent: Maybe crazy works if you are a yoga instructor too). Man, I am so out of shape. It feels like I sweat off 10 pounds though, LOL.
Weekend plans you ask? Well, tonight is not the weekend, but it's my building's Christmas Party. Way to kick off December. Hopefully I'll have some fun stories for you tomorrow. It's open wine bar...
Friday night is Rhonda's birthday dinner (she's preggers again, did I tell you? Boy due in March). Saturday night is Magda's birthday dinner - the big 34, yet single and ready to mingle. So you see the vast different in life stages of my friends - it will be a diverse weekend indeed. Send me a flirt assignment and I'll do my best. I need to redeem myself. It's been a dry 2010.
I think I need to get back to work. Time to be even more productive :)
Talk to you soon,
Smarts
P.S. Maybe your flirt assignment should be an experiment, to answer the question - "Does 'crazy' attract more men than 'sane'?" Hmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment