Thanks for the womanly solidarity, Smarts.
Agreed, we believe that liquor is the Devil and kills his soul. LOL
I’m actually sort of ok with the way things happened for BF and I in this shitty circumstance. I think it made him realize 3 important things: that I’m the shiznit, that he should stick to beer, and that it’s time for him to do some growing up. Along those lines… he’s been very attentive and affectionate since our talk (I love looking over at him to find him smiling at me and saying “You’re pretty”), he bought beer (and no more liquor), and he got in touch with his boss(es) this week to push for that meeting… and updated his resume and set it out to a couple contacts. Also, he didn’t say it outright to me, but his dad called the other day in what seemed like a continuation phone call, and was talking to BF about some networking contacts that may be able to give BF some info on jobs in the extended area. This means I believe he’s been asking his dad advice on earning potential and making enough to think about the future. When he got off the phone we had a quick little synopsis of the call, and he mentioned he’d talked to his dad before about when his dad got so motivated and successful… turns out it was when BF’s moms was pregnant with BF that his pops had the fire lit under his ass. Interesting.
So we had a quick talk about that too… wherein I say… “hmmm, well that’s cool that your dad wants to help out, but you know what my response is right? [dramatic pause and knowing grin] My first choice is that you “encourage” your boss(es) for local advancement rather than take a job with a 6 hour weekly commute.” His response… “of course, GF… of course”.
I know there will likely come a day real soon when he’ll have to relocate for his chosen career path, and I believe I’d be onboard for that… later. I don’t think I’m quite ready yet. I think I need more time… and maybe a ring… before I up and move. I mean, I have a mortgage in a crappy real estate market. Gotta be sensible. LOL
Overall, I don’t plan to settle. Ever! I mean to learn from past experiences, current issues, and future goals gone off course… but I won’t let anyone walk on me or break my spirit. BF has a chance to learn from his mistake in this instance, and I fully expect better results the next time around. If not, there will be consequences. Finding a good man can be difficult… but I’m persistent, intelligent, sassy, and quite cute if I do say so myself… do I will never accept defeat if I believe I can do (and deserve) better. That being said, I’m instituting a new method to communication and dating. The 1 "Get Out of Jail Free for the cost of one honest, if somewhat emotional, lesson in how to properly express your love and affection for your commitment-issues GF" card. You might know it by the male name “The (GF’s brilliant, emotional, and psychological) beatings will continue morale improves”. I kid, I kid. I’m totally calm and fair in my relationship communication… these days. :D He doesn’t know how good he’s got it. Ha!
Your next assignment:
Ok, it’s flashback time. For this dating assignment I’m going old-skool. :P
Remember at our after-school job, we’d get bored with sitting around doing nothing, and one day decided to rate the various men based solely on looks as they would walk past us??? How could you ever forget?! I believe our rating system was a quad chart that looked something like this…
Well I’m bringing it back, baby! Ok, you can change the headings to something more “grown-up”, or covert, or whatever… but the principle is the same. Pick a day this week (or better yet, this weekend), keep a quad chart with you (your phone might have an App/Notepad), and rate every man you see based only on looks for that whole day. That’s it.
“Part 2” comes after you reveal your results. Moahahahahahaha…. ::evilly tapping finger tips together:: Do it!!! You can even have a couple friends join in and do it too… then you can compare notes later. I know, it sounds so very childish and immature (redundant? LOL) but just go with it. It’s the easiest assignment I’ve ever given you.
Other interesting (at least to me) things on my brain:
I’ve decided I want to be wealthy. It’s possible that I could become extremely motivated, get wealthy with hard work and determination or a wacky invention, and retire nobly.
Possible… but not probable. LOL I’m lazy, and a whiner. I’ll most likely have to win the lottery, blackmail someone, sue someone/corporation, get slick with insurance fraud, obtain a sugar daddy, or just marry well.
This reminds me of mother. She used to joke in high school that I needed to marry a man with money. The exact quote is (in her best fake drama-dive extraordinaire voice)…
“Dahhling, the first marriage is for money, the second is for love. Remember that.” Of course maybe that was her way of saying I needed to learn from her mistakes. She married my dad when she was 21 and he was a plumber/pipe-fitter in a small town. Shoot, I could have been married and divorced with a nice settlement check by now if I’d played my cards right when I was younger. LOL
I’m just not that girl though. I have low tolerance for… well… most things that guys do. :P
Next topic is the unfortunate side-effect of not being wealthy. I’m on a self-imposed shoe-buying blacklist. I’m banning myself from shopping (even though there is a major online boot clearance going on right now. With free shipping! Gah!!!) because I’m trying to be more responsible and focus on my finances this year. Must pay off last credit card (2010 trip #1, 2010 trip #2, Christmas presents, new fridge), and pay extra principle on the mortgage, and put a big dent in the big school loans! Being responsible sucks! LMAO!
That settlement money would have come in handy right about now… ; )
Last topic is that BF and I have decided we need a date this weekend. We’re planning to go old school and do dinner and a movie. And since it’s going to be nice, maybe a jog or bike ride. And to help reconnect, we’re going for a new record… we’re going to try to knock boots 12 times between Friday and Sunday night. TMI, I know… but the idea is that he spends time off the computer and we get back to more intimacy… YAY! It’s a fun way to do both.
So basically, I’m going to have the busiest weekend ever! LMAO!
Your turn. And… GO!
SassyHotPants

I'm glad to hear that your talk kind of spurred your boyfriend into action. It's a really good sign for a relationship when people can actually take a confrontation and learn from it. Guys (and girls, but I stick with my side) don't tend to be eager to change. Good for him for making it happen.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was really impressed (2 posts down) by your statement that you'd give it a chance, but if he didn't get it together, you could totally walk away. Good for you!