About Stuff

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Get giddy. It’s fun.

Smartypants!!

Well, the “hot guy” quad chart assignment was partly to get all immature on this shiz, and remind you that checking out guys is fun. Also to remind you to lift your head up from whatever paper, book, lecture material, grant proposal you’re working on to look at said guys (constant vigilance!). And to remind you that flirting is easier when you’re paying attention and making eye contact (and hopefully smiling). Remember those days? Remember how guy-crazy I was with that Dean Cain-looking older guy, and that security guard guy, and that A/V guy with the funny name, and not to mention all my distractions at high school… LOL 
I miss those days. But I’m not there for your amusement anymore, so you’re going to have to pick up my slack.  LOL
P.S. Do we now need a Jersey Shore category (shutter)

I see you witnessed 3 Orgasmics, and 15 Kissables. Why have I not received any details on these men? Was there any interaction? Or did you spot them from across a crowded room? How many days were you counting? I think 15 Kissables in less than one week means you got some ‘splaining to do, Lucy.
I’ve decided that the next part of this assignment you shall initiate some form of conversation with 3 future “Kissable” (or hotter) men within the next week. That’s only 20% of your Kissable total and equal to the amount of Orgasmic. So you know you should have the opportunity to meet some hotness statistically. The “Conversation” in question can be as simple as making eye contact and saying “hi sugar” in passing (Southern accent optional), or bumping into him accidently and saying “excuse me, hotness” while grabbing the gun-show arms for balance, whatev… I’m hoping the guys will take the opportunity and respond back with a genuine conversation, but I’ll be satisfied if you make a good effort and at least present that opportunity for them.

Keep in mind, it is not my intention to snag you a husband, or get you laid… this is really more of a sociology experiment solely for my curiosity and enjoyment. You don’t mind being used long-distance, right?  LOL  Seriously, the truth is that guys these days are (gross generalization imminent) all a bunch of lazy cowards. I’m not saying go out and take charge and snag a hubby. I’m just saying it couldn’t hurt to smile and help a guy with obvious confidence/distracted by his iPhone/FB issues to feel like a desirable man. It’s like a public service. You’d be helping mankind.  And you may get a free drink and a smooch out of it.  Giggity!

I love that you live in a city of millions, and you know the guys your friends are being set up with, and the guys your co-workers are trying to set you up with. Good thing you work internationally or you’d never meet anyone new!  LMAO!

So have you looked in the mirror today? Are you sure the word SINGLE isn’t on your forehead? It’s possible I suppose. Take any naps this morning at work?  ; )
Seriously though, I know how it feels. Mother knows I’m in a committed relationship with BF, but she still tells me about these cute young men she meets through work that she wants to introduce me to. I’m sure even married ladies get nudged by their mothers with new prospects if the MIL doesn’t like the current husband.  LOL 

It’s in our nature to couple up, and to want everyone else to couple up. It’s survival of the species. Humans are a virus and it’s in our DNA to reproduce and populate the globe to its maximum capacity. I like to think there’s a select few (i.e, us!) that are the more evolved of the species in that our long-term self-preservation instincts are stronger and more attuned to the state of our global overpopulation, that we’re intentionally not rushing out to reproduce in an effort to ensure the current population has enough food and natural resources to carry those of us that already exist into the next century… but I digress.  :P 

I’m sure Sandy means well. Maybe she’s like me in thinking nudging you is fun… like a spectator sport.  LOL  Maybe she’s worried heterosexuality has a shelf-life and is concerned you’ll start playing for the other team soon. Maybe she’s bored with her love life and has decided any guy that you’d date would be good for her too, but she’s too busy for one full time, so a man “time share” could be the objective… a la Big Love. Maybe she’s needing the support of a double-date buddy, which requires 4 participants. Maybe she loves you and wants you to have everything, plus some lovin’, and be insanely happy.  I know that last one is my motivation. It comes from the heart baby!

Not to say that a man is a requirement to “complete” you, not by any means. But sex is fun. Hell, kissing is fun! And it’s really nice to have doors opened for you, and meals bought for you, and I don’t know about you… but I personally find that I’m prettier in candlelight… so any excuse for a romantic dinner and googly-eyes is tops with me.  ; )
I know you’re strong, happy, and feeling generally fulfilled with life right now… and that’s awesome! But sometimes it’s not about you. Stop being so conceited and go out and meet men for us… we need a vicarious thrill every once in a while dammit!  :D 
Also… I don’t care about marriage. Get married. Don’t get married. Fool around. Get lucky. Get spoiled. Get giddy. Whatever. It’s fun. Have fun. No pressure. Just do what I say!!!  :P
 
Cairo. My God, the world is chaos. I’m so glad you’re not travelling right now, and hope all your friends, colleagues, and the innocent children over there manage to stay safe through all this madness.

And you’re so right. BF is great. We’re good at that communication thing most of the time. I’ve learned holding back is for suckers, and saying what I want/hope/expect is the only to get what I want. Because BF is not Miss Cleo. (Hence my “Things I Want” list on the whiteboard… he has no excuses for my upcoming b-day!) LOL
I’m so glad his work has kept him stateside so far. That might not always be the case, and his profession will give me so much anxiety if he takes a position in the international and commercial arena. I’m very thankful to have him close to home and safe right now.
Ha!  No, we didn’t meet our goal over the past weekend, but we gave it the good ol’ college try, had a great time,  and vow to beat our high-score next time around.  ; )  Giggity! 

Now about me…  : )
So we didn’t succeed at our past weekend challenge. Apparently there was just too much going on (I didn’t anticipate that 3 hour nap!) for us to knock boots (does anyone even use this phrase anymore?) 12 times in less than 3 days. We gave it a good shot though!  :P

This week has been rather bland at work. Funny how that’s what I wanted back when I was too busy to eat lunch at my old job, and now I find myself somewhat bored. But the old job is still fresh enough in my memory and leaves me grateful for still being able to breathe at the new job.

I know we’ve had this talk and you think I’m throwing money away, but I’m super excited about my eye surgery this weekend. Looking forward to having sight like a teenager again. Aging sucks sometimes, m’kay.

Oh also… Valentine’s Day is coming up super fast. In years past, I’ve been single or recently broken up, so I didn’t have to think about gifts and displays of affection. I’m starting to get a little concerned because I just realized I have BF this year. So I have to come up with something fun/romantic/sweet for him… any ideas?  Help.  Hope he comes through and does something awesome too…

SassyPants

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan for the bumping and the falling and the "hi sugar"s. It sounds like fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete