That’s not ironic. That's awesome. Lists help because they calm that “OMG I know I’m going to forget something really important” monster that lives inside us paranoid females. I’ve been doing To Do and packing lists for years and years… sure it was due to the Virgo quirk of my mother’s to make lists for every damn thing imaginable… but they work. So who am to mock her organized nature? LOL Positive note, your packing list apps have provided me with another reason on the “Pro” list to invest in an iPhone. Do the lists differ by travel location? Are malaria shots on the list? LOL!!
::pause… much needed chocolate break… nomnomnom::
Where was I? Oh yes…
This is true, Bahamas was super fun. I wanna do it again! (TWSS) In fact, I was online earlier today (told it was slow around here) and happened across a super sweet Sandals trip contest (will forward to your email), and did you know they have massive sales going on right now… like 50-65% depending on destination and dates. OMG! Hell ya!! They also do destination weddings.. ; )
::pause… much needed shoe-purchasing break… I have a free shipping code, stop judging::
Where was I? Oh yes…
Speaking of raking in the dough and planning the next trip… things are going good on that path here. Today is my first payday at the new job… with my super awesome increase! YAY! Plus, I received my remaining paid time off cash out last week from my previous employer… booyah! And got a notice from my mortgage holder that my PMI will roll off within the next 6 months. Oh AND… if they get their crap together and make good on their promise, BF should be starting his new position with sizable pay increase in a month or less. I’m thinking my 30’s are going to be the best decade yet. I love being done with school, getting my finances in order, having awesome BF, and the cleverly negotiated “extra” time off thanks to my new employers. Seriously… hurry up and get back from your work trip so we can book the next fun trip! :D
::pause… remembered I need to call the stupid student loan reps… again… sigh::
Where was I? Oh yes…
Don’t even listen to those party-poopers. They’re just a bunch of unadventurous scaredycats. Your trip is going to be awesome. You’re going to have a great time. Plenty of nerdy science stuff will get accomplished, you’ll make plenty of super smart and worldly new friends, you’ll publish new and exciting ::cough:: research papers, and maybe even save some lives. They can stay home and continue to go to the same Timmy’s for their coffee, see the same people every day, and have the pleasure of boasting the highlight of their week and being able to watch effin’ Dancing With The Stars or some other couch potato moment. You’re going to have an amazing, fantabulous, ridiculous, outstanding whirlwind trip of a lifetime!! If you don’t allow yourself to rock it, I will slap you. That is all. ::bow::
::pause… forgot to order flowers for mother this morning… her bday is next week::
Where was I? Oh yes…
Thank you for permission to drunk-dance my face off. I plan to follow-through on this because now it’s not only sounding like wicked-awesome fun… but it’s allowed! Sweet.
Also, sadly… while you are attempting to live vicariously through me this weekend, I don’t know that I can comply. While mother and hubby are on their vacay this weekend, I’m on cat-sitting duty. This means that I have to stay close to home (or rather, mother’s home) in order to keep her babies fed and happy. However, this is not an easy task completed by putting 6 giant food bowls down with hard “kibble”… oh no. You see, mother… and this comes as no surprise really… has 3 very high-maintenance kittehs. I have been left instructions, and 3 diagrams for the feeding ritual. First, the youngest kitteh has a sensitive tummy and can only eat special food. It’s wet food. Sounds easy, but kitteh doesn’t like his food as much as the 2 other types of food the other 2 kittehs get. (yes, you read that correct… 3 kittehs, 3 different types of food). So I have to fed the youngest kitteh first and watch him to make sure he eats about half of it before I even feed the other kittehs, otherwise he will abandon his dish and eat the other food… thus causing him to upchuck all over mother’s beige carpets… which I will then have to clean. After this young kitteh eats half the food (while I’m holding the other 2 back), then I can mix the regular wet food with his special food, and give the regular wet food to the oldest kitteh. This would be easy normally… however all the kitteh food bowls are in 3 different corners of the kitchen to dissuade them from attacking or eating each other’s food. Then the fattest cat get a scoop of hard food. I then have to try to keep him out of the wet food in the other 2 dishes and keep the other 2 kittehs out of the hard food.
I think I need more chocolate… just thinking about doing this for the next 3 days is bringing my happy level way down… though ironically, it is rather funny. :P
Oh, and in other news… I think I will check out the stores this weekend. Big furniture sales going on, and I have “excess” funds in my checking account. YAY! Thought about hitting up the beach too… but that will depend on the annoying tourist : available sand ratio.
Much love,
Sa...ooh, shiny!... ::chases shiny thing::
No comments:
Post a Comment