Sorry to hear the world is out of alignment and causing you all sorts of trouble. Hopefully things will take a turn for the better today as an extra special start to the weekend. I'm sending good thoughts your way. And remember, what goes around comes around, so your work people, homeowners association, Broadway ticket agents and big-ass spiders better watch out. Just sayin'.
I meant to comment on your watching Amreeka - so glad you liked it! I love the lady who plays the mom. Though the movie was sad, it also had some funny real-life moments that I loved. To add some Bollywood (Hindi) and Kollywood (Tamil) spice to your Netflix picks, I suggest:
Padayappan (1997)- starring Rajnikanth, the Chuck Norris of South India. He even has the same set of jokes devoted to him ("Death had a near-Rajnikanth experience", etc.). His older movies are so over-the-top you'll either love 'em or hate 'em. I enjoy the cheesiness.
Aisha (2010) - really, a Hindi re-make of 'Clueless' and nothing like what real young people are like in India; it's nice to watch for the beautiful people, shiny backdrop and cool clothes. Plus, the story of the leading actress was that she used to be really overweight in real life, but a director noticed she had a pretty face and told her she could have the part if she got fit. She did, and now she's looking good (though her acting skills need work).
Jootha Hi Sahi (2010) - Haven't seen this yet (just came out a couple of days ago) but it stars John Abraham as a hot nerd who lies to get the girl. But who cares what it's about. John Abraham is in it. And he sings (or at least lip-synchs) and dances.
Anjanaa Anjani (2010) - Another popular recent Bollywood love story set in New York. Have to rent it because the theatres aren't playing it anymore.
Robot/Enthiran (2010) - The biggest smash box-office hit of the summer, starring Rajnikanth as a Robot. It is so cheesy, but hilarious to watch. The first half is better than the last half (did I mention Indian films have an intermission after the first 1.5 hours?), and it is definitely not a classic Rajnikanth movie, but I had to watch it since I'm here.
So BF moved in! Wow! How's it going? Does it feel any different than when he didn't live there but came over every day? LOL. Hope all is going well and he's nice enough to serve you breakfast in bed every once in a while.
Have fun at the Halloween bash...I'm sure you can figure out something to wear. Loved your costume in the pics on FB - you rocked that outfit! LOL.
How in the world do you have beach parties in October? Man, I'm living in the wrong part of the world. I've been enjoying extended summer weather with India, but in 3 days time I'll be in cold Canada. It will shock my system, I'm sure. But I'm looking forward to lattes, hot chocolate, apple pie and crunching some leaves under my boots (unless they are all raked away and covered by snow....hope not...)
OK..better enjoy these last 3 days of summer while I can! Talk to you from Dubai, where I'll be dressed extra hot and scoping out the rich business men (who am I kidding, I'll probably gravitate towards the dirt-poor, grungy NGO-backpacker types...LOL)
TTYL!
Smarts
No comments:
Post a Comment