About Stuff

Monday, December 6, 2010

All puckered up...

Hey Sass!

How are you? How was the weekend? Did you kick some Wii butt? Better yet, did you spike that hot chocolate?

I'm curious as to how the hurr got did. Details please.

I'm so glad you liked the package in the mail! Hope the scarf matches your wardrobe somewhat. I knew BF would be into the art...I was admiring the details of the image, then did a double take when I realized the Maharaja in the art was copping a feel from one of his ladies in waiting, LOL.

About work: yes, I feel more excited with my work, most satisfied with my job, when I'm productive. But my procrastination makes me be non-productive, and hence, unsatisfied. So that's my problem. Hmm. I just have to work, work, work - then I'll be happy.

Now there's a conundrum.

So let me be non-productive and risk getting disenchanted with my work by taking the time to update you on the fun part of my life.

The Christmas bash our social committee threw for our building was a success. Many people showed up (free food & booze draws them in like flies to honey), we mixed and mingled and got to know each other better. I can't say I met too many new and/or interesting neighbours, but I bonded with the social committee some more. We're all young professionals around the same age, serious jobs in the day (insurance sales, real estate, science, medicine, law, HR), with fun, sometimes quirky, hobbies at night (DJ, salsa dance, gourmet cooking, running marathons, being a Toronto socialite - I'm serious, we have a Paris Hilton wannabe). We're doing Christmas bash Part 2 for the second tower on Wednesday (they decided to have one despite the drunkeness of last year) so hopefully it's also fun.

I'm ready to take you up on that challenge, Sassypants! I thought of it as I ventured out over the weekend. I filled Gaby in as we went to Rhonda's birthday dinner, as she enjoys hearing about your assignments (she has no idea about this blog). We had fun with your challenges in Montreal last summer, so keep them coming. Except, as I thought of your challenge, I tried to think of the last few months and realized this: in the last 4 months, I have not met anyone I'd want to hold hands with, let alone kiss, LOL. Fail.

Rhonda's birthday was, as you predicted, not really the place to meet a subject for your oh-so-agreeable challenge. It was basically a bunch of 15 women out for dinner and drinks (well, those of us who weren't pregnant could drink). It was fun catching up - lots of reminiscing about our trip to the Greek isles...which was 8 long years ago.

The Greek islands marked the start of my major travels, whereas the girls obviously looked at this trip like their peak of fun...I feel like things just keep getting better with each trip I go on. After Greece, there was Italy, then all of Europe; Australia was a blast, taking on New York with Gaby was like Sex & the City come to life, and Vegas...well, what happens in Vegas stays there. Ahem.

I feel like I haven't yet hit my peak of travel and partying, and though I still look back at the fun I've had, it's not with a wistful longing, because I know I lived it to the best of my abilities, and there is more fun to come.

Maybe I'll never grow up.

Saturday for Magda's birthday, we went to an amazing Greek-Asian fusion restaurant. The food was spectacular, the crowd was urban cool. When we finished up with dinner (it was 4 of us), I was primed to go out for a Saturday night drink at one of the bars nearby...but birthday girl wanted to head home.

Hmmph.

Yes, I think I'll never grow up.

While I enjoy getting cozy in my PJs and watching a good movie while sipping hot chocolate...lately I've been feeling restless. I want to get dressed up, go out for a night on the town with friends, and meet new people. And while I realize birthdays are for friends, making the night about them, catching up...let's face it. We know each other already. Let's make some new friends while we're at it.

What do you think? Send me your updates, because while I've written this post, my boss has called 3 times, forcing me now (*sigh*) to go and be productive.

Smooches! (since I'm puckered up and all).

Smarts








2 comments:

  1. I had totally tried to check out your other blog! I was surprised that it was private. Glad you pointed this one out to me. I like the letter concept. I'll totally read more of it. Thanks for visiting and for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We have a follower. I will be sure to thank FreeFlying in my upcoming post... :D

    ReplyDelete