About Stuff

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ok Self... Quit Your Bitchin'

OMG wahhhhhhhh…. Call 9-wahhhh-wahhh… I’m in serious need of a wahhhmbulance today.

It feels like a Monday… but thankfully it’s not a Monday. In fact it’s a short week. I should be rejoicing.
However… shall we tally?

Minus Column…
(-) Aunt Flo has decided to be mean so far this week and I’m feeling like a massive beached whale, equally bloated and yet somehow hungry at the same time.
(-) The water heater is producing no hot water… and the replacement part won’t arrive until Thursday (though thankfully the part was covered under warranty and should arrive by Thurs). Love that my mum lives 15 minutes away… and my gym is even closer. One does not realize how important it is to have alternate shower facilities until one is without the blessing of hot water for 7 days.
(-) Just found out that BF will be working most of the week (including the weekend), thus don’t know how much time I’ll have with him before I leave on Tues.
(-) While I’d rather be home whining and curled up on the couch like a big whining baby, I have to suck it up and be chipper and friendly for a side-business work thing tonight that could go past 9pm.
(-) I’m currently depleting my Midol and chocolate stockpile in preparation.

On the Plus Side…
(+) Work is still quiet and enjoyable.
(+) BF is super great (he dealt with the repair guy for me today and picked up the flowers for mum).
(+) And I might make some money tonight. YAY!
(+) Not to mention vacation approaches. Think I have all my arrangements made. Staying with cousin first 2 days, then on the road, staying overnight at aunt’s cottage, then in hometown for 3 days, then back on the road, and staying with another aunt for one night before flying back to the beach.

It should be an interesting and whirlwind trip… but I’m really wishing BF could have come with. Good/nerve-inducing news… BF has told his apartment management that he won’t be renewing his lease with them. : O Guess it’s “in the works” now. I’m really happy about it, really… but a little part of me is really scared and nervous. I really want this to work out… but it scares the Bejesus out of me to have this level of commitment and no way out… except maybe a covert changing of the locks or awkward parting over costs-owed. I know, I know… I’m totally jumping the gun and being paranoid and neurotic. I need to just be positive and stay optimistic. But holy Christ it’s difficult. I’m so jaded. It’s times like this when I really realize it. And then I have to remind myself that he’s so great… we really talk, even when we’re disagreeing in the card section of Target… we’re planning our really healthy and well balanced meals for the week, we’re talking about our next vacation together, we’re splitting the household chores and helping each other, we’re planning redecorating slightly, we’re going to start going for a short evening jog a couple nights a week after work, he sends me the sweetest and most supportive eCards when he knows I’m having a rough day (like today), offers to make me breakfast if he knows I’m dragging in the morning, hugs me when I cry… why am I even raining on this move-in thing? Because I’m a big stupid scaredy-cat, that’s why. Lame. Epic Fail on myself. Need more chocolate… and maybe more Midol. As Sunny would say, “he’s your lobster”. Somebody pinch me.

In other news, the hurricane party didn’t happen because, well… I was slack. LOL And there were only a couple people in town this past weekend. I couldn’t be bothered to harass people to come play. However, it was a fairly productive weekend. Since my “To Do” list never appears to get any shorter, productive weekends are a thrill for me, because I can visually cross things off the list and feel weight off my shoulders. I even purchased some furniture for the updates to the house… it will arrive on Tuesday of course and I won’t actually see any of it until I get back. Did really good with the pieces and price I think. Five piece dining set, leather bed frame, and fancy faux leather futon thingy for the spare bedroom for under $1000, including delivery and set-up. And we ordered the matting for one of our puzzles. YAY! It will arrive on or before the day I get back. Which incidentally, is also our 6 month anniversary. OMG! Ok, I know 6 months isn’t a big deal to anyone else, but for me it’s monu-effin-mental. Cheer dammit! LOL I hope he does something special that makes me cry in the good way. :D

The kitteh-feedings went well. The parental units arrived home to find all 3 kittehs alive and not overly hungry.. and there were no “mishaps” on any carpets. So yay for my cat-feeding skillz.

Congrats on doing absolutely nothing on Labour/Labor Day!! Sounds a lot like our day too. Although we did get dressed and go for breakfast. Then watched a movie. I napped on the couch. Then we had a lunch “ leftovers picnic” while sitting on the counter. I don’t really know why we were up on the counter, but it seemed normal to us at the time. Then I tidied the spare room, and chillaxed while he played video games. And then later we had a Dexter marathon while eating our very healthy dinner, complete with brussel sprouts (his idea).

Ok, I don’t really want to be at work anymore… and I have another 2nd work thing to be at in one hour… so I’m outta here. Enjoy your continued packing and whatnot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment